This past week has been crazy. I had monitoring appointments on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. On Wednesday my RE was concerned because I had "muchos, muchos follicles". That was his words. He was afraid we were looking at OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome) which can be very painful and even land you in the hospital. To avoid OHSS he suggested possibly doing a Lupron trigger (instead of Ovidrel) to avoid it. The problem with Lupron is that it can interfere with implantation so if we did Lupron we would have to freeze all the embryos and do a FET later. This didn't make me happy in the least. I know the stats on a fresh cycle are a little higher than FET so I wanted that opportunity. We just crossed our fingers and prayed for the best.
Fast forward to Saturday and our prayers were answered. My estrogen came back at just over 3,000 and my lead follicle was 17 mm with most follicles at 16 mm. My RE instructed me to stim one more night and trigger on Sunday.
I'm so excited to finally be through with stims! I trigger tonight at 9:15 pm and go in Tuesday morning, March 13th for my egg retrieval. I'm nervous, excited, hopeful, terrified, scared, and so ready for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment